Friday, November 15, 2013

Loneliness - A new poem




Loneliness

I wear a mask of smiles
Inside the tears rain down
My heart can't be unbroken
Seems I'll never lose this frown

People say to live in the moment
But that's a big mistake
One must think about the future
And the decisions that we make

They say to forgive and forget
Move forward and don't look back
Yet somehow no matter how hard we try
Hearts continuously broken
Eventually fade to black

Loneliness is my only world now
All I have are the memories from days gone by
I'm lost in a world of silence
No one seems to notice the tears I cry

Wanting to break free from this hell I endure
Maybe life will be better next time
All I can do is hope and pray
That one day my heart will be fine

(c) 2013 by Debra Ann Beach
Caligrrl Poems

No comments:

Post a Comment