Sunday, December 1, 2013

Christmas Wall Quilt

Happy December!! 

I like to make or buy a new ornament or something each
year to add to the Christmas decorations. I have made many
wall quilts and love making these and many other things, as you
know. So last week I decided to go through my stash of
Christmas fabrics to use up. I had bought these Debbie
Mumm Santa panels many years ago. So, I thought I 
would finally use them. I cut out the panels and sewed them
to strips from a Christmas Holly print that I received 
from my late sister, Cheryl. I wanted this quilt to be
very special and made with love. 


   Now that the top was done, 
time to pin it to the backing and batting.

 Time to begin machine quilting...
in the ditch around the panels and 
the sashing...
 and free motion quilting around the
Santa and designs...

After 2 days of quilting, I was ready to
hand sew the border, which was taken
from the backing fabric... 


All finished! I will be adding some other 
type of way to hang it...the metal clips
look kinda tacky!!! LOL 

Happy first day of December!!! What are
you making this month??

No comments:

Post a Comment