Friday, September 14, 2012

Almost Finished - Girl's Knit Sweater

I'm still working on the sweater tonight! It's almost finished. See the
green yarn... well, that won't be there...lol. It's called waste yarn.
It gets unraveled off to finish the edges. Now, I have to decide what 
kind of hem I want on the sleeves and the bodice. I hand knit the
ribbing for the neckline. I decided to go with the bubbly side of the
knit fabric. I thought it looked nicer. I have made this a cut and sew 
project. Meaning, first I knit the fabric, next I sew or serge it on 
my sewing machine and/or serger. In this case, I used both!! :) 


I might do a crochet hem... that may add something fancy... who
knows? Maybe some other surprises, lol. I did this without a pattern, 
I think it's coming along okay, so far. I will post the finished piece
when it's finished... ;) I was thinking that I might just sew up some
girls and boys clothing, since I have all kinds of patterns and all my
kids are grown up and out of them! I have a lot of fabric to use up,
not to mention yarn!! I'm having fun being creative... so I'm happy. :) 


Have a great weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment