Saturday, September 1, 2012

New Machine Knit Scarves for the Bears

I have 4 knitting machines collecting dust... lol. 
So, I decided to put one to use today and knit the 
Polar Bears some nice little scarves. It's been a long while 
since I've used the machines and I had to go through
the books to re-introduce myself to machine knitting. 
It's a bit complicated with all of the gadgets and the 
100+ needles. You have to worry about the cast on, making
sure the carriage goes smoothly with no mistakes.
You have to weigh down the knitting as you go with different 
metal weights with comb hooks, adjust the settings, binding 
off, etc. It's a whole process but once you have it set up,
the knitting goes quickly. I love it! 

Here is the same bear... I am still working on getting the ears 
sewn on the rest and then the embroidered faces...then sew 
them all together by hand.  These bears are a lot of work, but they are 
fun to work with, each one comes out a bit differently. They
 have personality! lol  :) Below are scarves I made
using some variegated yarn. I like how it stripes!! What do 
you think? I'm also thinking about making some pompoms 
out of the same yarn for the ear muffs... so they match! :) If not, 
the bear fashion police may give them a citation! ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment