Friday, September 14, 2012

Knits


Hello and a happy Friday to all! I've been in a knitting mood lately,
as you most likely know already. I like being productive and I'm
always working on projects... life is too short to not be! 


Yesterday I knit one of the above tuck stitch samples. This morning
I have decided to make this into a little girls sweater, so I needed
another front/back piece as well as two sleeves. It will be a drop 
shoulder sweater eventually! I may do some crochet for the edging.
I'm just designing it as I go... 


Above are the 2 tuck stitch swatches. Shown from each side.
I like them both!


Above left is one sleeve which is in stockinette stitch.
I thought it made a nice contrast to the body of the sweater.
Now to sew it all together and finish it!


Lastnight I was in a hand knitting mood, so I pulled out a
few skeins and my huge needles since this is a very chunky
yarn and it looks great knit up with a big stitch. I'm doing 
a garter stitch on this one. It's soft and airy...light weight
textured yarn. I love it!  I watched a movie while knitting, 
a love story, it made me cry... I must stop watching those!


These scarves I made a couple days ago. They have been 
steamed and blocked... and folded!!! :) Oh, I see my son
peeking around there... he was a baby back then...now he's
12 years going on 28... he wishes... lol.


Enjoy your day and weekend!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment