Sunday, November 11, 2012

Update

Hello and happy Sunday, Veterans Day and
Remembrance Day! I hope your weekend is
going fantastic! 

Today I thought I would do some updating on
my sites... I still have much work to do and
more designing for my sites. I will be doing a 
logo of some sort & hope to get that done this week 
I added a little bio on my Etsy shop site... but
still more to do yet. I am lost at the moment...
trying to do too many things at once! (as usual) ;)  

I finished a twisty cowl that I have been hand
knitting on some circular needles...it's a very 
nice variegated yarn..reminds me of my favorite 
artist, Monet, with the pretty colors.  I will be posting
it after I get the ends finished off and such.
I don't particularly like knitting with circular needles
because I am not your average knitter, I am a 
strange knitter, I like speed!  So what I usually
do is put the straight needle between my legs and hold
it there while knitting with the other needle.
When I do this, I can knit very fast...it looks funny, 
I can imagine and I can't be wearing a dress... lol!! 

I wonder what all those people at the cancer clinic 
thought of me in the waiting room, The cancer
center in Edmonton has balls of yarn
and needles there, so anyone can knit for
charity while waiting for your treatments.
They must have thought I was nuts...especially
when I came out in my hospital gown and
said to everyone...I think I'm overdressed!! 
It's a very solemn and sad place, and usually
no one speaks,  but at least we had a little chuckle 
since we were ALL in hospital gowns!! lol 

Well, at least I can get a nice tension with 
the yarn and with the needle upright... it has
better leverage for speed!! I can't do this on
circular needles...so there I am..slow as a snail... lol.
That circular needle I was using today actually
came apart on me! They are interchangable
so the tips screw on and off and you can change
your needle sizes in this way... well, there I was half
way around and all of a sudden..slip... there went
about 15 stitches dropped off... so I managed
to manuever them back together going backwards
with the tip... screwed it back together and thankfully
 I saved all those hours of work from potential rip out mode... :)  
Actually I do a lot of that... I have sooooo many 
unfinished projects that I got bored with, I must
have about 8 going at the moment in the past few
weeks, waiting there to be finished or ripped out.

Enough rambling...time to cook! :)
Enjoy your Monday!! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Deb;
    Just your friend Chris.Thought I'd stop by and browse a bit.Loved the tunes when I came in.That was nice. Keep on keepin' on girl. Love your hard work.You know I'm a huge fan.You just KNOW it...

    ReplyDelete