Monday, December 10, 2012

Mind Control - A Poem




Mind Control

That day so long ago you touched my soul
Like no one had ever done before
I thought the tears had dried
But every night they return
The fire that burns in my heart will never die
Even though the rest of my soul has gone
You were the light that I had come to depend on
Lighting my way showing me the path to your heart
Somehow I got lost in the dark
And I still search for the way back inside your heart
Lost in the loneliness of the empty pit you left behind
How I wish the past could rewind
I miss the special times that we had shared
All the moments I had thought you really cared
Now I'm left with so many unanswered questions
And the one that keeps repeating in my mind
Is how you can say you loved me
When you treated me so unkind
And how can I ever trust another
How can I even say what's on my mind
When every moment these thoughts are crowding my head
And each moment I'm lost without you, wishing I was dead
Because I don't ever think these tears will dry
No matter how many times I try
I just can't get you off of my mind

(c)2012 by Debra Ann Beach

No comments:

Post a Comment