Sunday, December 16, 2012

Update & Pics

Hello friends! I'm sorry I've been a bit
quiet lately, many things on my mind. 
Sending out love, prayers and deepest 
sympathy to Connecticut families and their
loved ones. I've been missing my family, 
my ex boyfriend and I've just been very sad and 
depressed, trying to get the spirit of Christmas 
going around here. So today, I put some 
more ornaments on the tree, I'm playing Christmas music 
and making some home made pizza for dinner.
I may just make some cookie dough today as well!
I was glued to the tv the past 3 days and just 
crying my heart out, so today the tv is off, unless
 it's a Christmas show! :)

Below are some things I've been working on... 
I've been learning some Tunisian Crochet and
having a bit of fun with that...

Sending love to all... have a wonderful new 
week ahead. Blessings


Above is a Tunisian Crochet stitch something
or other... perhaps a table runner? The yarn isn't
too soft, but I like the way the variegated yarn
looks in this...I'll have to go through my yarn stash
and find some softer variegated yarn... maybe a baby
sweater would be nice with this stitch! 


Above is a hand knit chunky scarf
I have started using stockinette stitch
and bulky brushed acrylic yarn.


Above right and below right
is another Tunisian Crochet stitch,
this one is made with a very soft
teal colored mohair and acrylic blend
yarn...so snuggly! I love it! 
I'm not finished with any of these
projects yet... just working on them
all a little at a time. 


Below is the poor Christmas tree,
barren with no gifts... I put more 
decorations on it today to liven it 
up... I tried to get my son enthused 
about decorating but he's put it
off for a week... so it's up to Mom. 


Below is a stocking I made many years ago
in California... I have a few with different fabrics.
These are all lined so they are nice inside and out!


Especially when filled with Chocolate!! lol


I had to put some of my polar bears under
the tree in a wagon... they look cozy! 
Frosty has to stay out, he may melt!  


Fibre optic trees are really pretty... I like
the fact that I don't have to mess with those
little strings of lights and the tree
looks pretty with or without ornaments!


I have so much more Christmas stuff downstairs,
but I think the tree looks festive enough...





Below are a nice snowman and tree made
out of wood from my youngest son when he was in
pre-school...he's a crafty guy too!  


That's all folks! Enjoy the new week ahead...
Love and blessings to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment