Monday, December 31, 2012

A Day of Reflection

This morning I woke up and lay here looking out
 my bedroom window. The sunshine was
filling the room with a softness that I found was very 
warm and comforting to me on this sad day.
It cheered me up a little just seeing this glow. The trees
were looking nice through the sheer curtains... so I took a
photo to remember the moment! :) 


Today was a tough day to get through, as it is every year
on this day, for the past 6 years. I relive each moment in
my mind and the memories are so very sad and many
 tears are shed. My dear sister, Cheryl, passed away at
the age of 51 to lung cancer. She was such a beautiful
woman, so smart and always lit up a room with her smile
and precious laughter. I sure do miss talking to her on the
phone and her silly way she greeted me each time. Oh, how
I miss being able to hear her voice, see that smile and her
glimmer of golden hair, she is among the angels now and I
am so happy to have had the time with her throughout my
life. She was my big sister, my "2nd Mommy" as
our mom called her because she would help take care
of me when I was a baby and through my younger years.
I was blessed to have her in my life and blessed to be her
little sister. I am the youngest. Cheryl and I were 4 years
apart and our sister, Corinne  is a year younger than 
Cheryl. Three sisters, many fights, but many happy times
that I will forever treasure and hold close to my heart.
I spoke to my mom on the phone earlier and she said she
released 2 balloons for our dear angel. Mom was very
upset and like every year, I try to cheer her up by remembering
the good and happy times we had with Cheryl. She was so
very loved and cherished by her family and friends. 

Today, to take my mind off the sadness I've been feeling
for quite a long time, I did some knitting. I have finally finished
one leg warmer for my daughter and have begun to
knit the second piece. Knitting with 4 needles is quite the 
poky experience!! You would laugh at the way I knit...I 
usually use 2 needles and stick the one with the stitches
between my knees or legs to hold tight while I knit away 
with the yarn threaded through my fingers...it just goes
quicker and I like to see progress coming along fast!!! 
I guess I am impatient when it comes to doing projects...
when I sew, I like to get it done and I don't care how many
hours it takes, I don't quit... well, unless it's a quilt,
then I have to take days and weeks to finish that.
As a matter of fact...I made a quilt top and still haven't 
finished it and that was done about 7 years ago! Oh
my goodness... I have so many projects that aren't finished,
I guess the results weren't quick enough for me!! Oh well,
back to the four needles... so, here I was knitting 
"in the round" and poking my fingers like crazy with the
needle tips... I couldn't grab those darn needles with 
my knees, too short, or I would have!!! lol
I'm doing a K2 P2 rib so it will hug my daughters legs when
she dances! She does ballet and all sorts of dance.
And she has a sock addiction... she loves them! These leg
warmers are just a quickie project to mail off to her soon.
I will be making some more fashionable lacy and other
styles of leg warmers for her too... :) Maybe some
on the knitting machine... quicker results! HA! ;)



Now I just see the time!! 12:47 AM...I guess time flew by
and it's now the 31st... last day of the year... what a year
it's been. One of the hardest years in my life. I hope that
the New Year will be much better for everyone,  more loving,
kind, and peaceful, now that would be nice! I have 
a lot to work on with myself and one day at a time will be
good for now. I can't expect quickie results on healing 
my heart or changing some of my ways for the better.
That takes time... 

So, now that it's New Year's Eve, I thought I would start on
my 2013 greeting, so this is what I came up with. It started 
out as 3D text and fireworks and then I got all artsy fartsy on it, 
adding snowflakes and some special effects to the fireworks.

Now for some snowflakes, since Alberta always
seems to have snow, even during the fireworks at
the lake. I'm sure they will have some tonight!! 
Fireworks for sure, maybe snowflakes too... ;)

I'm having a great time with the new software, last night I was
trying a little animation!! Not ready for that yet!!! lol

Have a wonderful last day of 2012!!!
Stay safe and don't drink and drive! 
Love & Peace to ALL!!




No comments:

Post a Comment