Saturday, August 25, 2012

Baking - Pecan Shortbread Cookies

I spent most of my day cleaning up the sewing room, shredding papers,
picking up fallen beads on the carpet... and hunting for polar bears!!  
lol. I'll post about those later! 
My son came in and said.. "Mom, make some cookies!" So,
having a wicked sweet tooth myself, I agreed. He wanted 
chocolate chip cookies but I couldn't waste a perfectly good
dough on fake chips...LOL Who buys fake chocolate? 
Apparently, his father did... sigh. 
So, instead of making those, I decided on these. They were
quick and easy. Although I was a bit worried and wondering why
the dough wasn't sticking together... it was all floury. So I
thought to myself...hmm, this is not right, and added some
cold water, which wasn't in the recipe. Just a bit so it 
would stick together into a log and then chilled for 20
minutes before slicing the dough. I had them all rolled up, 
proceeded to clean up the mess I just made and there,
right behind my "dream machine"... a.k.a. Kitchen Aid Stand
Mixer... was a clump of something... hmmm...I was almost
afraid to touch it!!! Then I realized what it was... part of the
butter had flown out of the mixer when I started the mixing!! 
LOL!!! Since it was about 1/4 cup of butter, covered in a bit
of brown sugar and flour, I decided to take those logs of dough
and dump them back in the bowl along with the flying butter ball.
:)  Well, I mixed them by hand, re-rolled the dough into logs and
stuck them back in the refrigerator... and voila!!! Yummy shortbread!
My son was quite happy! And so was my tooth... :P


No comments:

Post a Comment