Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Frustration and a Quilt of Memories

I dislike pc problems, who doesn't? It's been a frustrating 
week. I managed to see an actual drive screen on my pc 
lastnight, it took most of the day, today, to just get BACK
to that screen... it is running very, very slow... sadly slow.
It's a nightmare. I have discovered that my entire C drive
is gone, well. most of it, along with my Windows 7... 
no operating system to boot the thing up! I tried a program 
called Ubuntu, which loads up the pc but I still can't get to 
my files which were on the C: drive...and now happen to be 
on the D drive for some odd reason... it's best not to use
those "clean up" pc programs, I've learned my lesson... 
sometimes they clean it up a little TOO MUCH!! 
 Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...so aggravating! 

So, another day of not getting my hard drive to boot...
tomorrow is another day, thank God... I hope
I can do something with it... I've been so patient all week,
trying not to stress out. But I can only keep calm for 
so long!!! (tearing hair out)  lol    

Actually I cut my hair today... about 3 or more inches off... 
it was halfway down my bum and I had begun to start sitting on it... 
and not only that, but with winter and the static electricity 
in the dry air... it drives me bonkers with all the clinging 
it's doing, especially on my winter coat... ugh... no wonder 
I hibernate in the winter, besides the bitter cold, I have to deal
 with my unruly hair wrestling with my coat over which one 
will win the fight to drive me insane!! hahaha... 
Oh boy... rant time is over!! lol

So, I haven't been doing too much in the artsy fartsy area...
 I drew a little last night...nothing that special so 
I won't post it... lol   I've been watching CNN a lot, 
or listening, while I work on the pc problems... 
maybe that is stressing me out too... oops... rant. 

I got a little creative the other night... 
I toasted skewered marshmallows on my stove... 
does that count??  lol 
Maybe this post should have remained un-posted... ha! 
Well, that's my update... let me try to find something to post... oh yes!

 I found a photo today while searching for a Windows disc... 
which I never found. This is a project I worked on years ago.
 I am taking a pic of a pic...so  it's not too clear. But here is a quilt
 I made special order. All the fabrics used in this except for the 
borders and backing were scraps of fabrics that this lady had 
in her fabric stash! Most were just tiny pieces, but I ironed out 
each piece and cut them in triangles... I designed the quilt on 
my computer with EQ5... I scanned all of the fabrics and arranged 
them on the screen before I even started sewing it. There were 
so many colors and fabrics to use, so it took a lot of time to 
prepare, design and finally quilt it. It has some 
embroidery done by machine on the border which is 
hard to see, but I did a really nice font that I had purchased 
for my machine. The photos are all old family photos for this 
nice and wonderful lady, Polly. It was a gift for her 90th birthday
 from her family. She had passed on not long after but was able to 
enjoy it for awhile. Now the family passes it along so each family 
member can enjoy it for some time in their homes. The 
photos were printed on iron-on transfer paper which I
ironed on to the plain blocks... Everyone loved it and I was 
quite proud of it myself. :) It's amazing
what a little scrap of fabric or more... can become!! :) 
A treasured heirloom of all the fabric remnants from this
 wonderful and beautiful soul... may she rest in peace 
with love. She was a wonderful lady, very much
 loved and missed by all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment